By law we're required to verify your photo ID before we can link you to our tax agency. We can check NZ Driver Licences and NZ Passports online in real-time, however, we accept other types of photo ID.
What types can we accept?
- New Zealand Driver Licence (online)
- New Zealand Passport (online)
- New Zealand firearms or dealers' licence
- New Zealand 18+ card
- International Drivers’ Permit (issued by a member country of the UN Convention on Road Traffic)
- Overseas passport with New Zealand immigration visa/permit (please scan/copy the pages showing photo, name, any pages showing current work, visitor permits, or residency documentation and a specimen signature)
- New Zealand certificate of identity (issued by the former Department of Labour, now the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment or Department of Internal Affairs)
Download our ID Authorisation form
If you're sending us a copy of your photo ID we also need you to download and fill out our ID Authorisation form. Once complete you simply email it with a copy of your photo ID to email@example.com.
Note: When making copies of your photo ID, please make sure the copies are legible and that your signature is clearly visible. It must match the signature on the completed ID Authorisation form.
To download, right click and select 'Save as...'